Heaton Baptist Church is a registered UK charity (charity number 1132252), funded by tithes and gifts from members and friends of the church. All gifts are eligible for tax relief under the UK Gift Aid scheme, provided the donor pays enough income / capital gains tax to cover the amount of tax reclaimed under the Gift Aid scheme.
Gifts can be made in several ways:
- via the offering bags at any of our services;
- by standing order or bank transfer, contact the church office for account details;
- secure online payments via debit or credit card using the give.net links below
In addition, gifts may be designated for use in the General Fund, Building Fund, or Partnership Fund.
|General Fund||Building Fund||Partnership Fund|
|The General Fund, as the name suggests, is the main church account which is used for the day-to-day running of the church. It is used to fund all our ministries and outreach costs, as well as staff and administrative costs, and lots more.||In 2003 HBC embarked on an ambitious project to renovate our buildings and invest in the fabulous community facility which was opened in 2009, and which we occupy today. This was part-funded by loans which we will be paying back for a few more years.||HBC is committed to outreach and spreading the gospel, both locally and further afield. This Fund provides financial support to people from the fellowship called to ministry and mission both in the UK and around the world.|
Giving online, as with most internet or other electronic transactions, incurs a small fee from Stewardship, our service provider:
- If you give without gift aid, there is a charge of 2%, (i.e. HBC receives £9.80 from each £10 given).
- If you give with gift aid, 3% of the gross amount is taken from the gift aid (i.e. for each £10 given, HBC receives £12.12)