Mark Elder has taken the last two Sunday mornings to help us understand and reflect upon the type of church that we are. You can listen to the sermons here
As you listen, use the questions below for your own reflections:
THE 10-POINT CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS
“Growing as healthy disciples of Jesus”
1. Is Jesus central in every area of my life?
Is God really at the heart of our church?
2. Do I regularly and systematically engage with the scriptures?
Does the Bible shape and frame our lives together as His family?
3. Am I reliant on God’s Spirit in all aspects of my life?
Would we completely flounder as a church were the Holy Spirit to withdraw His presence?
4. Do my friends, family and colleagues know that I follow Jesus?
Does HBC help me to reach out to my not-yet-Christian friends?
5. Do I fully contribute in service to God’s family?
How can we be better at honouring all ages in our church?
6. Do I make every effort to get to know people outside my friendship group?
How can we be less cliquish and more generous and welcoming to new people at our church?
7. Am I diligent at seeking God and laying my life before Him each day?
Does prayer play a vital part in our church life?
8. Do I recognise and understand what being a Baptist in a contemporary church setting looks like?
How carefully do we listen to God as a church and how able are we at corporate discernment?
9. Do I seek to live out my faith in practical ways by showing compassion to the least, the last and the lost?
In what ways can HBC continue to develop as a community of justice in our world?
10. Have I grown in maturity as a Christian in the last 12 months?
How can we help our people to greater Christ-likeness?